1. The Columbian Club Charitable Foundation office must receive applications no later than November 8, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. This deadline will not be extended under any circumstances.
2. Applicants must be currently enrolled or entering as a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year college student or a Graduate student at the time of application. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident of the State of Illinois, and at least 25% of Italian lineage.
3. A. The materials required of you are listed below:
- Completed Application
- Recent Transcript
- Two letters of reference
- Confirmation of acceptance into school (if entering as a first year student)
- A 2”x 2”passport style photograph (color or black & white, actual photos only – scanned paper photos not accepted due to poor reproducibility) (Please sign back of photo)
B. Personal information summary to include:
- Biographical personal statements (See below. )
- List of activities including your volunteer services
- Attach Resume (if applicable)
- Schools attended and years graduated
- School now attending: GPA or class rank
- Awards: Previous Columbian Club Charitable Foundation Scholarship(s) and other Scholarships and/or awards
Biographical Personal Statements
a. Attach an original essay of 250 words or less (double-spaced) addressing How your Italian Heritage has impacted you.
b. Attach an original written essay of 300 words or less (double-spaced) explaining why you are in need of a scholarship, and if awarded one how it will assist you in your future endeavors.
4. All of the required materials are to be submitted to the Columbian Club Charitable Foundation in one mailing. Retain a copy of the completed application and materials submitted for future reference.
5. Forward the Application and Additional Requirements to your Counselors as soon as possible to meet the November 8, 2017 deadline.
6. All applicants chosen as scholarship recipients will be notified by the end of the year.
Scholarship recipients must be present at the annual dinner to receive their award.
The Installation Dinner Dance will be held Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 5:30PM at:
Medinah Country Club
6N001 Medinah Rd,
Medinah, IL 60157
Direct all correspondence to:
Columbian Club Scholarship Committee
1035 N Kenilworth Ave
Oak Park, IL 60302