The merit-based scholarships will range from $2,500.00 to $5,000.00. These dollar amounts and number of scholarships may vary according to funding available and are the sole discretion of the Columbian Club Charitable Foundation Committee.
1. The Columbian Club Charitable Foundation office must receive applications no later than October 31st, 2016. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. This deadline will not be extended under any circumstances.
2. Applicants must be currently enrolled or entering as a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year college student at the time of application. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident of the State of Illinois, and at least 25% of Italian lineage.
3. A. The materials required of you are listed below:
B. Personal information summary to include:
Biographical Personal Statements
a. Attach an original essay of 250 words or less (double-spaced) addressing How your Italian Heritage has impacted you.
b. Attach an original essay of 500 words or less (double-spaced) that recreates a Significant event in your life that shaped you as a person and then reflect on why it was important.
4. All of the required materials are to be submitted to the Columbian Club Charitable Foundation in one mailing. Retain a copy of the completed application and materials submitted for future reference.
5. Forward the Application and Additional Requirements to your Counselors as soon as possible to meet the October 31st, 2016 deadline.
6. All applicants chosen as scholarship recipients will be notified by the end of the year.
Scholarship recipients must be present at the annual dinner to receive the award. This year’s installation dinner dance will be held on January 14th, 2017 at 5:30PM at:
Medinah Country Club
6N001 Medinah Rd,
Medinah, IL 60157
Direct all correspondence to:
Columbian Club Scholarship Committee
1035 N Kenilworth Ave
Oak Park, IL 60302
Download application here.